Welcome to my first ever Five Things On Sunday!
Thanks to Reads and Treats for this week’s topic…
Five Winter Dislikes
- Cold hands and feet! My extremities do not seem to cope well with the colder weather, particularly at night when I’m trying to get to sleep. I hate wearing socks in bed, so I usually resort to resting my feet on a hot water bottle or resting them on my boyfriend’s feet — because he is always SO WARM (sorry babe). But you know what they say: ‘cold hands, warm heart’.
- Being outside in the rain. It’s cold, and it’s wet (obviously) so I don’t want to be outside while it’s raining. That being said, one of my favourite things about winter is being inside while it’s raining.
- When my shoes leak. This one links back to my dislike of being outside in the rain and having cold feet, because walking around all day with wet socks is a truly terrible thing.
- The fact that it doesn’t snow where I live. If it’s gonna be so cold, why can’t we at least enjoy a good snowball fight?
- The lack of summer fruit. My favourite thing about summer is the fruit (mangoes, anyone?) and so the pitiful array of winter fruit leaves me wanting…